Joe Potts was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pa., which means he has steel in his bones and three rivers in his veins. Unfortunately, it also means he’s rusting from the inside out.
Joe attended Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, obtaining a technical degree, but sopping up all the juicy English electives he could, even the boring ones. A life-long fan of humorists such as Art Buchwald and James Thurber, he had delusions of joining their ranks. It wasn’t until some years later he discovered there is a market for delusional writing. He just doesn’t know where it is.
A fan of gentle humor, he has sold humor columns on a wide variety of topics over the past dozen years, including:
- The Pleasures of the Multi-Cat Household
- Misadventures in Dining – Wearing the Daily Special
- Dad Belts Out the Wedding Album Blues
- Deriving the Optimum Pleasure from Facial Surgery
- Lost Without My Floss
- The Truth About Engineers
- Holi-daze Hits Like a Nuclear Blast
- Let Sleeping Ancestors Lie